Thursday, November 4, 2010

Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott

Her name is Alice.

Alice has been physically, mentally, and sexuallyabused by a stranger in unspeakable ways since the earliest age. She can barley remember diffrent. Alice isn't even her real name. Alice has had enough. Alice is determined to break free. Alice is determined to no longer be Alice.

As a female, seeing Alice be abbused was emtional. I wanted to detach myslef from it. I immagined what it's be like to be in her shoes, to be Alice. To be raped on a daily basis. To be starved. To be so alone. It's really unimmaginable, as one might expect. It's really made me want to do something, because every book is based in truth. There are young girls out there being raped and starved. And that's not something I want to sit around and know I could be doing something to stop.

There are some very graphic portions of this book, and they are disturbing. For this reason, this is a book for mature audiences only. In addition, it, at some points goes into detail about female bodly functions, and for this reason, I would only really recomend this to women.

No comments:

Post a Comment